Business Resources During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Reopen Merced County
The Ready2Open Small Business Assistance Program can provide local small businesses with up to $50,000 in grant funding to businesses with 25 or fewer employees for the reimbursement of eligible COVID-19 related operating expenses.
- Begin Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ready2Open Self Certification
- Face Covering
- Latest News
City of Merced Gift Card Program
- To enroll your business in the voucher program, please visit www.MercedCares.com.
- Once you have been added to the platform, you will receive a notification from Giftbar regarding your account. Giftbar will provide information on how to log in and redeem cards as well as serve as a support for any questions or concerns you may have.
- Giftbar will also promote and sell your gift cards on the giftbar.com website. They charge an 18% service fee for any new sales they drive to your business. This is separate from the work we are doing through
www.MercedCares.com. To learn more, please visit the Giftbar website.
COVID-19 Economic Resources:
- City of Merced COVID-19 Business Resources
- UC Merced Small Business Development Center (SBDC): SBDC business advisors are here to help answer your questions, apply for business resources and plan during a disruption. SBDC can help with applying for relief, guiding you through available resources, cash flow concerns, supply chain interruptions, workforce capacity, insurance coverage and more – at no cost. Email: email@example.com / Phone: (209) 228-3506
- Go-Biz: resources for small business owners
- Main EDD page: EDD resources for workers and employers, as well as other related resources
- EDD Frequently Asked Questions:
- Labor and Workforce Development Agency: resources for workers and employers, such as paid sick leave and guidance from the Labor Commissioner, and a benefits breakdown chart
COVID-19 Health Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Public Health
- Merced County Department of Public Health
Federal, State and Local Updates from: