- This event has passed.
Mercado Night Market “Cinco de Mayo”
May 5, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Our “Cinco de Mayo” Mercado Night Market on May 5th will be full of celebrations and amazing performances. The United Tribes of California will be opening the event with a prayer, followed by performances by Folkorico Dancers and grupo Nuevo Imperio, to get the festivities going. Local artists from the Urbanists Collective will be displaying their Aztec art at Kreepy Kawaii Designs, located on Canal Street, as well as creating some open art displays during the event.
Local vendors, artisans, and organizations will be offering and selling an array of goods and services.
Please join us from 6:30 pm -7:30pm for our first “Taco Truck Competition”! A handful of food trucks selected by the community will be competing to earn the “Best Taco” title in Merced County.
Taco Truck Competition Rules:
– Community members are welcome to participate.
– Each participant will purchase a ballot card, which will allow them to sample tacos and vote. Ballot cards are $5.
– Participants will sample one (1) carne asada taco from each of the trucks.
– After visiting each truck, participants will cast their vote for their favorite taco truck. Each ballot counts as one (1) vote.
– The taco truck with the most votes will earn the “Best Taco in Merced County, 2022” title, and will be announced at 8pm during the Mercado Night Market.